This class will introduce you to the microcontroller world. You'll learn the basics of circuit design and programming, build your first project, and so much more.
Each session builds on the skills, knowledge and techniques acquired from each lesson along the way. We'll start with exercises that demonstrate basic breadboard wiring and coding inputs and outputs. Then move up to more complex circuits and programming concepts, and start planning your own projects with your fun new hobby.
This class will launch your journey into the microcontroller world and give you the skills and confidence to take on almost any Arduino project you may find or create in the future!
After completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Install the Arduino IDE, configure and add libraries and use the Serial Monitor.
- Control single, multiple and RGB LEDS.
- Receive and interpret digital inputs from buttons, switches, ultrasonic sensor modules and a DHT11 temperature and humidity sensor.
- Collect and manipulate information from analog inputs such as an Analog Joystick, Infrared Receiver Module, thermometer and photocell.
- Produce outputs to active buzzers, passive buzzers, servo motors, LCD displays, eight segment LEDs, DC motors, stepper motors and relays.
Course fee includes an Arduino UNO-compatible microcontroller and all electronic components to build the course projects. Minors must be accompanied by a responsible adult. As Ideaworks is a working shop space, closed toed shoes must be worn at all times.
CANCELLATION, CHANGE, AND REFUND POLICY
This is a high demand event with limited spaces available. A request of cancellation must be received by email to firstname.lastname@example.org 72 Hours prior to the event date to be eligible for a refund. Please note, a $15.00 processing fee will be assessed per cancellation from the total refund.
Regretfully, we are unable to issue refunds and/or credit for a missed class. However, in some circumstances at the discretion of the instructor and management, pending availability, a credit may be given towards future sessions with special circumstances.
In the case Ideaworks must cancel a class, full registration fees based on the original form payment was made will be refunded.